Thursday, August 13, 2015
Cikgu Fatin, for a day.


I woke up this morning, feeling weak and exhausted since I'm a litte bit under the weather. I then walked to my mum's room and asked for her help to iron my baju kurung. 

"Tak payah pergilah kalau tak larat." my my said. Ibu was aware that I'm not feeling well since she was the one who stayed in my room, nursing the sick 21 year old me. 

"Tak boleh bu, kaklong kena pergi jugak." I replied. 

I told myself, no matter what happen, no matter how ill I am at the moment, no matter how sore my throat is, I cannot give up on this project. Never.

So at 6.00 am today, I ate a little bit of biscuit Hap Seng just for the sake of eating the Paracetamol. I can't be sick. Not today. Ya Allah, ease everything for me please, I said to myself. To be honest, I didn't know how am I going to drive to the school alone in that state, but I knew for sure I have to be in SMK Bandar Baru Ampang today. No matter what. 

Alhamdulillah. Allah is the Most Merciful, the Most Gracious, the Most Knowledgeable. It was an easy task to find the school. It took me only 15 minutes drive from my house to arrive at the school. There was no traffic jam at all, the road was super clear. I was even the first to arrive! Hahahaha talking about being extra semangat.

Your favourite English and Maths teachers, kids ;)

Throughout the whole program, never once I felt sick. Never once I felt weak. I was the usual friendly and banyak cakap me, exchanging hi(s) and hugs with the volunteers, sharing and teaching the students all the things that I believe will benefit them for their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia and of course, their future.

"Kak Fatin, nanti saya nak belajar law macam Kak Fatin lah." one of them said. 
"Kak Fatin, macam mana Kak Fatin tulis buku? Saya pun nak tulis buku jugak!" said the other one.

I was speechless for a moment, not knowing what to say and not knowing how to react. I ended up smiling so big, from one ear to another. I told the girls that nothing is impossible in this world. If you like doing something such as writing novels or furthering your study in law, DO IT. If you like to draw and would like to further your study in Arts & Design, don't let anyone stop you. You live in this world to achieve your own dreams and accomplish your own goals, so why should you let anyone else determine what your dreams are? Why should you give up your dreams in order to fulfil other's? 

The students looked at me without blinking. One of the girls then hugged me and told me that I'm now her inspiration, and also her role model. I don't think I deserve the title of a role model, since I still have a lot more to achieve and definitely a lot more to improve. However, it felt super good to know that I've inspired those kids, it felt great to be told that I made them think about their future. 

'Teacher' Fatin and 'Teacher' Harith with the students of SMK Bandar Baru Ampang.

Right now when I'm writing this, my body temperature is quite high and I feel more sick than ever. I skipped my medicine during lunch and went to the office straight away after the program ended, without eating anything.

BUT, I did not not regret at all attending ProjekLAH and I definitely did not regret taking a half day leave from my internship, just to be a part of the Teach for Malaysia family, even just for a day.

Missing all these lovely people already. Help! :'(

Labels:


0 CLICK(S)

Older Post | Newer Post
Fatin Hanani Adnan


I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22.
Contact Me
Email
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram